- What is your favorite color? Grey
- Go to cocktail or beverage? Sex on the Beach. Don’t ask. 😉
- What would you choose as your last meal? Crab legs with lots of butter!!!
- Furthest place you’ve traveled? Fiji!!! It was amazing!!!
- Favorite book? The Bible. I need it to live by…
9117 Selborne LaneChattahoochee, GA 30268
Meet Sydney Pfaff owner and curator of the lovely LEGION boutique in San Francisco. Sydney has a fantastic eye for stylish simple beautiful clothing, jewelry, bath and body goodies and art. Read on to find out more about some of her favorite things.
1. What is your favorite color? Sunshine yellow!
2. Favorite smell? Sandalwood.
3. Go to cocktail or beverage? Any kind of pilsner is a-ok with me.
4. What would you choose as your last meal? A chile relleno burrito.
5. Favorite thing to cook? Veggies with coconut curry.
6. Favorite dessert? Chips & salsa
7. Furthest place you’ve traveled? I don’t think it’s technically the furthest away, but the longest travel time was to Indonesia—also one of my favorite countries to visit. Japan is a close second and a much easier flight!
8. 3 Destinations/Experiences on your bucket list? Turkey, Morocco and Nashville.
9. Favorite memory with your grandmother/grandparents? I always loved hearing my grandpa’s stories about living in San Francisco as a kid. He grew up in the Outer Richmond and his father (my great-grandpa) was one of Muni’s first employees. He and his brother used to ride the trains for free all over the city. He always smiled so bright when he talked about it. I miss him very much.
10. Favorite book? I really like Dave Eggers. My favorite photo book is “California Trip” by Richard Blair and Kathleen Goodwin. I never get tired of looking at California’s incomparable beauty.679 Clay Street, San Francisco
Where to follow Legion:
There is a new retailer in the Etta + Billie family! Meet Andi Winterfield of Good Things Green Things.
Good Things Green Things is an online shop specializing in natural skin care products that are made in the USA. Every product is hand picked by Andi & made with simple, nourishing ingredients. I’m am really excited to be a part of the fantastic collection of makers on the site. I asked Andi to answer a few of my favorite questions and she was kind enough to oblige. Read on for the answers and find out how to connect with Good Things Green Things through your social media platform of choice.
1. What is your favorite color? Blue. All shades are great, but lately I’ve been loving ocean blue. This Minnesota winter has been way too long, with way too much snow!
2. Favorite smell? My overall favorite smell is the Minnesota north woods. The air is just so clean & fresh up there. My favorite food smell is BBQ.
3. Go to cocktail or beverage? I’m an iced coffee kind of gal. I also really like lemonade.
4. What would you choose as your last meal? That’s a tough one. I love food & have many favorites, but if I had to narrow it down I would either choose a plate of lobster meat drizzled with butter & salt or a traditional Thanksgiving feast with all the fixin’s. Turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes & gravy, corn, dinner roll & a salad.
5. Favorite thing to cook? I love to make chili & have great recipes for both red & white.
6. Favorite dessert? Cherry pie. It’s the best.
7. Furthest place you’ve traveled? California. I have family in Redwood City. It’s such a great area & if you ever get the chance to go, I highly recommend stopping at Half Moon Bay. Besides home, it’s my favorite place on earth.
8. 3 Destinations/Experiences on your bucket list? I would love to go to Tahiti, Hawaii or France, but I’m not much for flying so I don’t think I’ll ever get to those places. My husband and I would love to take the kids to Alaska, the Black Hills and eventually Disneyworld.
9. Favorite memory with your grandmother/grandparents? We went to church with my grandparents every Sunday & then back to their house for roast or some other amazing meal my grandma would make. She always had 7 Up & wafer cookies for a treat. I always think of her now when I eat them. The pink ones are my favorite. We also spent a lot of time fishing at the cabin.
10. Favorite book? Little Women by Louisa May Alcott. I read a little bit every day & I start it over again as soon as I finish it. If I could live in a book, that one would be my home.
If you follow me on Instagram and Facebook, I’ve been a busy bee. The beginning of the year is always a good time to reflect, which I’ve been doing a lot of. I (like many people) have a tendency to focus on the things I didn’t accomplish rather than the things I did. So, I decided to share the things I’m really proud of from the last year and my mantras for the coming year. Now it’s your turn. What are your proud moments from 2013? What are you looking forward to in 2014?
- No more day job (um yeah, that happened. I’m please beyond measure but freaked out at the same time. It’s kind of awesome.)
- Launched my Etta + Billie website and partnered with over 15 new stores! I LOVE getting connected with other business owners and creating relationships.
- Better work/life balance which = an adventure with my husband (see some of the Italy photos here)
This mazing info graphic was created by my friends at DODOcase. It highlights the incredible impact small manufacturing has on local communities. Thank you for supporting my business and our community!