Here’s a peak at some new things that are happening in the Etta + Billie world. 1. I’ve got a new scrub that will up on the site in the coming week – check out the Facebook page to find out the new scent. 2. Etta + Billie got a craft booth face lift at the Renegade Craft show in SF a few weekends ago. What do you think? 3. I have a brand spanking new safety mask with hot pink filters – so fancy!
This facial was created with normal skin in mind but would definitely be lovely for oily, combination or even dry skin. Strawberries are filled with Vitamin C which plays a vital roll in your skins production of collagen and it helps combat free radicals that can damage and age skin. Watermelon has a high water content so its great for re-hydrating skin. It also contains A, B and C vitamins. Our skin needs Vitamin A to maintain a healthy moisture balance and repair itself. Topically Vitamin A has been shown to reduce signs of aging. While B vitamins have been shown to tone skin and give it an instant glow.
Facial Recipe: Gently mash 2 strawberries with about 1/4 cup of watermelon. Add 1 tsp. to 1 tbsp. of honey to help bind together (for dry skin you may want to add 1/4 tsp jojoba or olive oil). Apply mixture to clean damp skin and leave on for 10-15 min. Rinse with lukewarm water, follow with lavender flower water and light moisturizer.
Beverage Recipe: Follow recipe above but instead of honey add 8 oz of sparkling water or good quality ginger beer (booze optional).
Last week I spent some time in manufacturing mode wrapping up precious salt scrubs (isn’t the foil pretty?) and whipping up a new batch of Speakeasy Payback Porter Soap (available in a few weeks). I was also lucky enough to drop by the T-We Pop Up for a KiKi (complete with glitter faux tattoos and tea cocktails) after a stroll through SF’s Chinatown to find out that only one Earl Grey Tea Soap remained! Time for another delivery. 😉 How was your week?
This mazing info graphic was created by my friends at DODOcase. It highlights the incredible impact small manufacturing has on local communities. Thank you for supporting my business and our community!
The major highlight from last week was the official launch of my website. YEAH! Here are the other highlights from the week that have much prettier photos:
- Made a lovely new batch of Earl Grey Tea soap. I cannot wait to get this product on the site.
- After making a delivery to one of my fav boutiques, Park and Pond, I took the long way back to my day job so I could enjoy the 70 degree weather. I stopped to snap a shot of this iconic SF building.
- Just a little GUURL Grey Tea for my Earl Grey Soap from my friends at T-We. (pssst. Did you know I’m teaching a class on making your own tea based bath products? Check it out here)
- I took the Etta + Billie team out to a celebratory dinner at State Bird Provisions (Bon Appetit Magazine’s choice for the Best New Restaurant in America in 2012) on Wednesday. It was great to have down time with the E+B crew while enjoying a fantastic, and really fun, meal.
- A shot of me in the Etta + Billie kitchen wearing my snazzy new lab coat. It makes me feel like a mad scientist and I love it.