Here are my top 5 skin tips to keep you and your skin happy and healthy this summer. Read on and get out there and enjoy the sunshine!
Top 5 Summer Skincare Tips
- Slather on the sunscreen. Apply at least 30 minutes prior to major sun exposure and re-apply every 2 hours or so. I like this brand of natural sunscreen. For your face, use mineral makeup with an SPF or check out this tinted moisturizer.
- Double up the skin protection when heading for the beach, lake or park. Wear a hat and a cover-up. Think about sporting one of these cute printed rash guards (SPF 50).
- Limit sun exposure. Especially between the hours of 10 am to 2 pm when UV rays are most intense. I know, it’s hard when there are so many fun things to do outside in the summer but it is the most effective method to protect skin.
- Hydrate! Be sure to drink plenty of water. Not a huge fan of plain water? Add a few slices of cucumber, melon or sprigs of mint for subtle yet delicious flavor.
- Exfoliate. All that sun, sand and fun takes a toll on your skin. Use a gentle exfoliant for facial skin, like finely ground oatmeal mixed with yogurt or honey, and one of our hydrating sea salt scrubs on your body to keep skin healthy.