This recipe combines two of my favorite flavors (grapefruit and cardamom) together in one cooling, sweet and tart beverage. Perfect for warm days. I’ve been a grapefruit lover for as long as I can remember. As a kid, I’d always asked my grandma Etta for half a grapefruit for breakfast (no sugar) cut just the right way (Etta was the only one who knew how to do it correctly) so that I could scoop out the flesh and create “grapefruit soup”. It’s still my favorite way to eat a grapefruit. I developed a deep love of cardamom while exploring the world of soapmaking. It’s spicy, herbal, sweet notes are incredible in both desserts and savory items. Plus, it blends beautifully with citrus and most stone fruit.
I brought these two lovely scents together in the Grapefruit Cardamom line of products at Etta + Billie 7 years ago and I’m still obsessed. Which is how I came up with the recipe for this Grapefruit Cardamom Rose Cooler. Check out the video I made for the recipe with written directions below.
- ¼ – ½ tsp rose water (this is surprisingly flavorful so start with a little and increase as desired)
- ¼ tsp or more cardamom
- ½ – 1 whole peeled pink grapefruit
- 1 cup of Water
blender, measuring spoons, a glass
Let’s do it!
- Add half grapefruit in the blender
- Put ¼ teaspoon of rosewater
- Add 1/2 teaspoon of cardamom
- Toss in 4 or 5 ice cubes
- Pour in a cup of water
- Blend until obtain a silky smooth (I have blendtec and set it to fresh fruit or smoothie mode)
- Pour into a glass and enjoy!