Treat any special momma in your life to something sweet this Mother’s Day. Check out our specially curated list of gifts and sweet ways to celebrate with California-based small businesses!
1. Amanda Hunt Jewelry has unique, one-of-a-kind jewelry pieces with feminine touches inspired by mother nature- Cocoon Hoops | $90
2. Farm Girl Flowers are our favorite florists! Their gorgeous bouquets are ethically sourced and always up for delivery- The Just Wrapped Burlap Wrapped Bouquet | $79
3. Treat mom to some self-care at home with our moisture-rich bath+body oil. This body oil can be used on hair, skin, nails and more- Lavender Bath + Body oil| $20
4. There's no better time to order takeout and support your local businesses! Nopa is now offering pickup items for your pantry and their very own Pappardelle pasta kit so you can make it at home- Pappardelle Pasta Kit | $24
5. Hand crafted wooden goods based in Los Angeles. Get mom these gorgeous nesting bowls to elevate her dishes - Wooden Palate Small Nesting Bowls | $260
6. Dynamo Donuts- Some of the best donuts in San Francisco! Their unique pairing of flavors and large variety are sure to please anyone. Now available for pickup and ship to all of SF- Dynamo Donuts | $20
It seems like the piles of trash and waste is absolutely endless due to a rise in cooking at home during this quarantine. With today being “Learn About Composting Day”, I simply cannot think of a better time to learn how to utilize kitchen scraps. Finding alternatives to combat the sheer amount of waste that we produce is actually quite easier than some might think. If you are wanting to take the plunge into the world of composting and/or reducing your kitchen waste, here are a few simply ways you can spearhead the process:
For this week’s business feature, we hear from Be Just, a shop that houses a collection of household essentials that combine functionality, form, and beauty in the Belmont area of Charlottesville, Virginia.