After last week’s post on summer skincare tips, I decided it might be helpful to share one of my favorite natural skin soothing sunburn relief recipes just in case you have a little too much fun in the sun this summer.
- spritz bottle or small mouth glass jar
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup lavender or rose water
- 1/4 cup aloe vera
- 10-15 drops Lavender Essential Oil (optional)
Mix ingredients thoroughly and pour into spray bottle or jar. Keep in the fridge and apply liberally to sunburned skin. Stays good for about 2-3 weeks if kept in the fridge. Apple cider vinegar naturally calms burned skin (all types of burns, not just sunburns) and helps relieve some of the pain. Add the anti-inflammatory and soothing properties of aloe and lavender and you’ve got a skin-saving power team. Easy, natural sunburn relief!
A few more tips:
- Apply a moisture-rich soothing lotion (lavender is always a good choice) to burned skin after applying sunburn soother.
- Take lukewarm or cool showers to reduce exacerbating the burned skin.
Keep that skin healthy!