Anna Campbell runs the stunning The Floral Cultural Society in Old Town Oakland. Not does Anna produce beautiful arrangements, she also raises flowers and hosts workshop at her flower farm located in an abandoned parking lot in downtown Oakland. Pretty rad, right? The shop has a collection of beautiful handcrafted plant based goods. In Anna’s words -““Rewilding your life” can be as simple as a few fresh cut flowers or a lovely Etta & Billie soap”. We couldn’t agree more! Please read Anna’s interview and be sure to stop by the shop.
1. What is your favorite color? I’m obsessed with color, always have been and could never pick one as a favorite although if you had to pigeonhole me I’m always drawn to mustard yellow
2. Favorite smell? I have three: lily of the valley, freshly mown grass and rain on sidewalks
3. Go to cocktail or beverage? I’m a tea girl, can’t get enough of the stuff.
4. What would you choose as your last meal? Fish tacos from Tamarindo.
5. Favorite thing to cook? Paella
6. Favorite dessert? Lemon curd and shortbread
7. Furthest place you’ve traveled? As a mental traveler, Cuba but in real life I’m a homebody and actually not a very adventurous traveler, I love my house.
8. Three Destinations/Experiences on your bucket list? I would love to have a chance to name colors (I have no idea for what it just sounds fun), go to Cuba, and as silly as it sounds build a tree house somewhere in the middle of a field just like I had when I was little.
9. Favorite memory with your grandmother/grandparents? My grandpa handing me his chapstick whenever he saw me. I don’t think I ever had chapped lips it was just his way of showing me he cared and he wasn’t much of a talker at all. The other favorite memory is picking plums with him in their backyard. I really miss my grandpa.
Etta+Billie's scent combinations come together to make melodious smelling goodies for your skin and home. Behind every pairing lies a unique story filled with memories of great food, people, andtravels that inspired its creation. This week we hear from E+B's CEO and soap maven, Alana Rivera, about the creation of the ever-popular Bergamot Ginger.
As some of us gear up for our children to return to online school while we continue to WFH (Work From Home), it can feel as if we wear multiple hats and juggle being parents, teachers, employees, chefs, and so much more. Not to mention, our young ones will also need special attention as they navigate distance learning. These are most certainly unprecedented times, but with a bit of a routine and perhaps help from others, we can ensure that our families remain successful during this time.
As we continually adjust to a “new” normal found in quarantine, the conversation has ought to shift towards how we can cultivate healthy habits for our minds. Having personal time and space away from those in your home to center yourself may be difficult to find now. I want to share a way I have been practicing mindfulness and “checking in” with myself, even for just ten minutes a day.