Anna Campbell runs the stunning The Floral Cultural Society in Old Town Oakland. Not does Anna produce beautiful arrangements, she also raises flowers and hosts workshop at her flower farm located in an abandoned parking lot in downtown Oakland. Pretty rad, right? The shop has a collection of beautiful handcrafted plant based goods. In Anna’s words -““Rewilding your life” can be as simple as a few fresh cut flowers or a lovely Etta & Billie soap”. We couldn’t agree more! Please read Anna’s interview and be sure to stop by the shop.
1. What is your favorite color? I’m obsessed with color, always have been and could never pick one as a favorite although if you had to pigeonhole me I’m always drawn to mustard yellow
2. Favorite smell? I have three: lily of the valley, freshly mown grass and rain on sidewalks
3. Go to cocktail or beverage? I’m a tea girl, can’t get enough of the stuff.
4. What would you choose as your last meal? Fish tacos from Tamarindo.
5. Favorite thing to cook? Paella
6. Favorite dessert? Lemon curd and shortbread
7. Furthest place you’ve traveled? As a mental traveler, Cuba but in real life I’m a homebody and actually not a very adventurous traveler, I love my house.
8. Three Destinations/Experiences on your bucket list? I would love to have a chance to name colors (I have no idea for what it just sounds fun), go to Cuba, and as silly as it sounds build a tree house somewhere in the middle of a field just like I had when I was little.
9. Favorite memory with your grandmother/grandparents? My grandpa handing me his chapstick whenever he saw me. I don’t think I ever had chapped lips it was just his way of showing me he cared and he wasn’t much of a talker at all. The other favorite memory is picking plums with him in their backyard. I really miss my grandpa.
Say goodbye to those iced coffees and other beverages alike- it’s time to convert your favorite drinks into their hot counterparts. There’s something just so calming about partaking in a warm drink during this time of year. Something about these sorts of beverages that cause us to savor every sip and enjoy each moment they’re in hand. I can think of sweet memories as a child of warming up to a hot fireplace with a hot cocoa.
It’s that time of year again. The weather becomes cooler and suddenly, all things turn to pumpkin spice- it must be Fall!
We love ringing in the Fall season with our limited edition scents that evoke feelings of warmth and coziness. This week, we’re launching our three staples: Spiked Cider, Chai Tea, and Hot Bourbon & Lemon.