Anna Campbell runs the stunning The Floral Cultural Society in Old Town Oakland. Not does Anna produce beautiful arrangements, she also raises flowers and hosts workshop at her flower farm located in an abandoned parking lot in downtown Oakland. Pretty rad, right? The shop has a collection of beautiful handcrafted plant based goods. In Anna’s words -““Rewilding your life” can be as simple as a few fresh cut flowers or a lovely Etta & Billie soap”. We couldn’t agree more! Please read Anna’s interview and be sure to stop by the shop.
1. What is your favorite color? I’m obsessed with color, always have been and could never pick one as a favorite although if you had to pigeonhole me I’m always drawn to mustard yellow
2. Favorite smell? I have three: lily of the valley, freshly mown grass and rain on sidewalks
3. Go to cocktail or beverage? I’m a tea girl, can’t get enough of the stuff.
4. What would you choose as your last meal? Fish tacos from Tamarindo.
5. Favorite thing to cook? Paella
6. Favorite dessert? Lemon curd and shortbread
7. Furthest place you’ve traveled? As a mental traveler, Cuba but in real life I’m a homebody and actually not a very adventurous traveler, I love my house.
8. Three Destinations/Experiences on your bucket list? I would love to have a chance to name colors (I have no idea for what it just sounds fun), go to Cuba, and as silly as it sounds build a tree house somewhere in the middle of a field just like I had when I was little.
9. Favorite memory with your grandmother/grandparents? My grandpa handing me his chapstick whenever he saw me. I don’t think I ever had chapped lips it was just his way of showing me he cared and he wasn’t much of a talker at all. The other favorite memory is picking plums with him in their backyard. I really miss my grandpa.
One of my favorite seasons has returned - which means my signature spring scents have also returned to the website! This year, we made fresh soap batches of the classic Rosemary Lemon, Lemongrass Mint, and Peppermint Lime. All of which are refreshing, clean, and reminiscent of spring mornings with blooming flowers and the sweet breeze that comes with them. Today on the blog, we're highlight what makes each of these soaps so special!
It's just about the time to celebrate the special moms in your life - and we have another list of nourishing body care favorites and artisan gifts! Whether you're a new or not-so-new-mom, mother figure to someone, missing your mom, or are trying to become a mother - these gifts are guaranteed to uplift and put a smile on your face! Mother's Day looks different to everyone - and we're sharing some of our favorite makers and artisans to gift this holiday.
Sustainability and conservation are core pillars of the Etta + Billie mission. In honor of Earth Day 2022, we're sharing some easy eco-friendly hacks for you to adopt in the kitchen, bathroom, and in the wild. Making slight changes to your routine that limit waste, plastic use, and unnecessary damage to the planet are so impactful - just imagine if the rest of the world was following this pattern. Turns out, so many of us are! Here are some of my favorite ways to celebrate Earth Day in my everyday routine.