Meet Sydney Pfaff owner and curator of the lovely LEGION boutique in San Francisco. Sydney has a fantastic eye for stylish simple beautiful clothing, jewelry, bath and body goodies and art. Read on to find out more about some of her favorite things.
1. What is your favorite color? Sunshine yellow!
2. Favorite smell? Sandalwood.
3. Go to cocktail or beverage? Any kind of pilsner is a-ok with me.
4. What would you choose as your last meal? A chile relleno burrito.
5. Favorite thing to cook? Veggies with coconut curry.
6. Favorite dessert? Chips & salsa
7. Furthest place you’ve traveled? I don’t think it’s technically the furthest away, but the longest travel time was to Indonesia—also one of my favorite countries to visit. Japan is a close second and a much easier flight!
8. 3 Destinations/Experiences on your bucket list? Turkey, Morocco and Nashville.
9. Favorite memory with your grandmother/grandparents? I always loved hearing my grandpa’s stories about living in San Francisco as a kid. He grew up in the Outer Richmond and his father (my great-grandpa) was one of Muni’s first employees. He and his brother used to ride the trains for free all over the city. He always smiled so bright when he talked about it. I miss him very much.
10. Favorite book? I really like Dave Eggers. My favorite photo book is “California Trip” by Richard Blair and Kathleen Goodwin. I never get tired of looking at California’s incomparable beauty.679 Clay Street, San Francisco
Where to follow Legion:
As we continually adjust to a “new” normal found in quarantine, the conversation has ought to shift towards how we can cultivate healthy habits for our minds. Having personal time and space away from those in your home to center yourself may be difficult to find now. I want to share a way I have been practicing mindfulness and “checking in” with myself, even for just ten minutes a day.
There comes a time when things are up for debate, such as if pineapple belongs on pizza or if the center of a brownie is better than its edges. With this national holiday, it’s an absolute non-negotiable; ice cream is hand's-down one of the best sweet treats to ever grace the planet. Why you might ask?! Well, there’s something for everybody!
Experimenting with flavor combinations lies at the core of Etta+Billie’s DNA, and ice cream flavors are no exception. When it comes to unique pairings, we've got a handful of favorites:
Bring on the refreshing salads and anything you can char up on the grill… it’s summertime! There’s something just so nostalgic about the foods we eat during this season that evoke memories of warm nights and being surrounded by friends and family. I’d argue that the best recipes for this time of year are the simplest and highlight the season’s ripest ingredients- like fresh and sweet tomatoes!