My honey and I have been working hard to get through all the items in our CSA recently but it is so hard to eat all the cabbage. While searching for a marinade for chicken, I stumbled upon this incredible Cilantro Garlic Ginger dressing/marinade recipe and set some aside for creating this cabbage salad. Enjoy!
- 1/2 cup green cabbage, chopped (napa would be good too)
- 1/2 cup red cabbage, chopped
- 1 medium/small carrot, chopped
- 1/4 Diakon radish, chopped (regular radish would be fine)
- 1 tangerine, peeled and segments separated (chopped mango would also be good)
- 1/2 avocado, chopped
Dressing – full recipe here, slightly tweaked version below.
- 1/2 clove garlic or 1/2 stem of green garlic, chopped
- 2 tbsp cilantro leaves
- 1/2 tsp tamari soy sauce
- 1/8 – 1/4 tsp fresh ginger, grated or chopped
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- dash of ground cumin
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1-2 tbsp rice vinegar
Throw all dressing ingredients into a small food processor, blender or magic bullet. Whiz until thoroughly blended. Put all the salad ingredients into a bowl, add dressing and toss to coat. This salad would be great with chicken, beef, tofu or nuts.