This conversation is something that more and more people are talking about on the daily - practicing self care is practicing sustainability. And while it might seem obscure, hear me out:
Paying attention to your mind and body is the best way to ensure longevity.
Not convinced yet? Let me share the top 5 reasons people say that practicing self care is sustainable.
1. You are replenishing your own resources so that you can give back to others around you.
2. Setting boundaries and priorities is significantly positive for your productivity.
3. Self care will prevent burnout, improve your overall health and energy levels.
4. Practicing self care makes room for accepting challenges, learning, and contributing.
5. Focusing on self care allows you to take a break from the now and focus on the future.
I became so inspired by the pandemic, of course, and a New York Times article by Tara Parker-Pope that points out why Self Care Is Not Selfish. While it's hard for so many of us to adapt a self care ritual (parents around the world get it), Parker-Pope points out exactly why introducing self care is important for familial, professional, and personal well being.
Tips for Self Care Sustainability
Have a routine. Carve out time once or twice a week to do small or large things for yourself.
Make it something unique to you. Whether that's alone time, your favorite true crime podcast, or your favorite bath and body product- keep it intimate to you.
"Give the best hours of the day to you" - Tara Parker-Pope. This simply means focusing on your priorities over someone else's for a few hours of the day.
Call limits. You are not a superhero, and setting healthy boundaries is key to successful self care practices.
Treat yourself. We may be bias, but check out some of our skincare sets and gift yourself something great.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.
Sign up to get the latest on sales, new releases and more …