After a lifetime of loving to be around plants and studying herbalism and also noticing how many talented herbalists and diversity of plant life Northern California held, Lisa Kurtz opened WestCounty Herb Company in 2008 to celebrate and support the plants that grow here and the people who are crafting beautiful products. WestCounty Herb Company carries locally grown bulk herbs and locally made herbal products, soaps, candles, etc. They also carry medicine-making supplies, oils, bees’ wax, salts and glassware for those who are wanting to do some creating of their own.
Lisa wanted the shop to be a place where people felt comfortable to come in, smell the wonderful aroma of herbs, ask questions, look through our reference library, sip some tea and feel comforted and soothed by the surroundings and the herbs themselves. She wanted to create a place that invited you to slow down and be in your body and discover ways to enhance the feeling of wellness and connection that is within us when we take time to notice.
The first Monday of the Month at 6:00 there is a free lecture given by a guest speaker at an event space adjacent to West County Herb Company. Some of the most well-respected herbalists in the area (and beyond) have generously given their time to these wonderful talks. The space also hosts other classes and events.
Read on to find out a few of Lisa’s favorite things.
1. What is your favorite color? I really like them all, but my eyes really miss green when I don’t see it.
2. What is your favorite smell? my herb shop
3. What is your favorite beverage? There are many, but I have to go with water
4. What would you choose as your last meal? Oysters and champagne
5. What is your favorite thing to cook? Nettle and spring onion omelet
6. What is your favorite dessert? blackberry pie
7. What is the furthest place you’ve traveled? Prague
8. Three destinations on your bucket list: Turkey, Japan, and Iceland (although I want to go to so many more)
10. What is your favorite Etta + Billie product? At the moment I am using the Peppermint Lime Soapand LOVING it, but I feel that way about whatever Etta + Billie product I am using at the moment.- Yeah we’re so happy to hear that!
You can find out more about West County Herb Co. by following them on facebook!
West County Herb Co.
Occidental, CA 95465Open: Saturday and Sunday, from 11-5, and by appointment.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.
Sign up to get the latest on sales, new releases and more …